2018 Fluids in New Zealand (FiNZ) Conference
8 & 9 FEBRUARY, UNIVERSITY OF AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND
Fluid mechanics is a diverse field, drawing from many branches of engineering, science and mathematics, and FiNZ aims to promote the dissemination of ideas between these disciplines. This conference is open to university academics and researchers, Crown Research Institute staff, postgraduate students, and visitors to participate, or attend.
Held to encourage collaboration between fluid mechanics researchers in New Zealand and participation from students in the research community, the conference is additionally dedicated to providing an ideal forum for newcomers to propose and present research.
The keynote speakers for 2018 are:
- Professor Rosalind Archer (University of Auckland)
- Dr Timothy Anderson (Auckland University of Technology)
- Dr Craig Stevens (NIWA, University of Auckland)
- Dr Heide Friedrich (University of Auckland)
[Download the FiNZ 2018 programme and abstracts]
– Latest update: 8 Feb, 2018
– Please note that the Social Event has been moved to THURSDAY
- AFMS members: $100NZD
- Non-members: $150NZD
- Students and retired staff: $30NZD
Please note that all fees are GST exclusive.
Call for Proposals
The days’ events will consist primarily of ten minute presentations with time allocated for questions.
Proceedings will not be published as the intent is to have an informal meeting as a friendly base for initiating new projects and collaborations, and for presentations by postgraduate students.
The CFP for FiNZ 2018 has closed.